gloriacarr16

Robert Harris
Awakening of the Heart: Essential Buddhist Sutras and Commentaries
Thich Nhat Hanh

Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder

Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder - Nicole Castle This book is nasty fun, there's really no other way to describe it. The characters are on the one hand lovable and cuddly and on the other hand they are terrible, terrible people. You find yourself rooting for them even as they murder people left and right, and not always in nice and clean ways. It's very morally ambiguous, deliberately so. And it's fun, did I mention how fun it is? I found myself comparing Frank and Vincent to my favorite assassin ever, Vlad Taltos. Objectively all three do horrible, terrible things, and yet they are so damn fun to spend page time on that you instantly forgive them for torturing and murdering their way across the pages.

That's not to say the story isn't without its flaws. I felt that the end of the story went on far too long, and at least one character was introduced toward the end for no reason that I could see. Some of that could have been truncated considerably. Perhaps this is going to be the start of a series and that character will be more important later, but otherwise it was rather pointless.

Four out of five stars and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this author in the future.